Photo a Week BlogMaking a photo a week.

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Despite what you may or may not believe about Global Warming...

Will Steger seems to be a pretty solid, grounded, nice fellow.

I have to say, I was pretty excited to make today's photo. How often does one get a chance to photograph someone who is as well known as he is?

I met with him to discuss his ongoing project at "The Homestead". Without going into a lot of detail, he started buying land near the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness way back in 1964 and has accumulated quite the nice little patch of ground (google it if you're not familiar with it). He's putting up a solar panel array, and needed someone to design a support frame for it. Since I am a Structural Engineer, I'm qualified, and thru a connection here at the office was asked to help out. Pretty cool.

I wish guys like him would get the press instead of our former V.P. Regardless of the science behind whether or not GW is real, and whether or not we're causing it, the truth is that we could be taking much better care of our resources, and he's out there doing it instead of just trying to make money off of a convenient agenda without actually living what he preaches.

I'll get off my soapbox now....here's Will:



(click photo to view larger)

EXIF: Canon 5D, EF 85mm/1.8, f/2.8, 1/80, ISO 800
Exposure Date: August 14, 2008

2 comments:

trainer said...

Very cool!!

this too will pass said...

Nick Nolte, surely? nice portrait and angle